Friday, September 26, 2008

Debate review

I thought McCain won the debate. At the same time, I thought Obama held his own and achieved his objective of establishing himself as thoughtful and presidential. I don't see any major changes in the poll as a result of this debate.

McCain seemed effective with his theme that Obama was naive and didn't understand. While Obama didn't fight back against these challenges he did display breadth and depth of knowledge and stood his ground.

Having said that, the post-debate recap seems to favor Obama. I didn't notice it at the time, but several commentators noticed that McCain never looked at Obama which is weird.

Next up (debate-wise) is Biden-Palin amidst rumors that Republicans are very worried about Palin. I liked this article that suggests the continued cloistering of Palin is hurting her confidence.

No comments: